Current state and expectations of the translation industry in Bulgaria – survey
The survey was conducted by sending a questionnaire to all translation agencies, which, through the survey, were selected for the ranking “Top 100 Translation Agencies in Bulgaria”.
1. To determine the current state and expectations of the translation industry in Bulgaria.
2. To assess the technologies used by Bulgarian agencies.
3. To assess the use of software and resources by individual agencies.
4. To assess what vendors Bulgarian agencies use, what approaches there for collaboration with vendors and what vendors are needed.
5. To assess there level of interest in Mergers and Acquisitions among competitors.
6. To assess the difficulties Bulgarian agencies face.
The Questionnaire consists of 55 questions split into 9 sections:
- Services, fields and language combinations
- Company size
- Clients and markets
- Volume calculation and payment
- Technology used
- Vendors used
- Staff recruitment and training
- Official translations in the Republic of Bulgaria
- Development plans and challenges
Questions from the annual ELIS survey, organized by ELIA, EMT, EUATC, FIT Europe, GALA, LIND and Women in Localization, are included. Some of the questions were changed to account for the specifics of the Bulgarian market. We added a special section dedicated to official translations as they are typical for the Bulgarian market. Lecturers from leading university programs helped with the new questions and response options. The participants’ responses were reviewed anonymously and analysed as a percentage of all respondents.